oktober 10, 2012

Snow Bros for Game Boy

Snow Bros. Jr. (JP) Snow Brothers (US)
After I reviewed 22 games yesterday, I'll take it easier today.

Snow Bros is one of the rarities for the NES and Famicom. The US Game Boy version is costly too. The Japanese is uncommon, but affordable. However, I wouldn't want to spend much money on such a terrible cover. Look at it, it's scary! I did get a loose cart a few days ago. Curious what the fuzz is about.

(video not by me)

It turns out to be an average Bubble Bobble clone. Change the bubbles to snow balls, and there you go.

The original Bubble Bobble is a cute game but the controllers are clumsy. At least Snow Bros improved on the controllers. As there aren't any other Bubble Bobble clones, I will actually say that Snow Bros feels like an original game, strange it may seem.

The game has some lagging and the graphics is a bit choppy, but I think that is part of the charm of the earlier game boy games. When you lose your three lives you are game over, but you seem to get 10 credits so you can keep playing for a while. It's not too easy or too hard, and I can imagine that I could be playing it for a couple of hours at a time.
  • The music could have been improved. 
  • A save feature, password, anything, would have been appreciated. 
  • There could have been more depth to it. 
  • It's unfortunate that the game isn't improved much on the Game Boy Color.
For it's originality and general niceness, I'll give it 4/5. Wish there were more Bubble Bobble clones.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar